Locations of Naraka
Naraka is divided out into different districts:
- Central Naraka is where the majority of the population, commerce and business takes place. The housing goes from old tenements to ultramodern hotels lining the seafront.
- The Marina is aside from the centre of town, with myriad houseboats and more exotic shops. There are some houses near the marina counted as part of the province. People have left Naraka on the boats, but only the boats have returned.
- West Suburban Naraka is the more expansive suburb with smaller neighbourhoods, parks and shopping districts.
- East Suburban Naraka has less stores, due to its’ proximity to the box stores, and peters out as it makes its’ way uphill towards the forests around the city.
- Ashfield is a large village five miles away from West Suburban Naraka, with its’ own school and some shops. It is more old fashioned, if such a thing could happen here, and where some families have moved to get away from the noise of the city.
- The Box Stores out from East Suburban Naraka, across fields of long grass, are two large box stores and a car showroom. These have been taken over by Abraham and made into a village belonging to him.
- The borders are not an official district. People rarely go to the borders and none return if they do, lined by forests and wth winding roads pointing away from the city. To the north are hills which rise until they reach a large mountain which dominates the northern skyline. To the west and east, the coastal road is full of woods, pastures and curves at enough of an angle to not see what is further along the coast. The First Church of Naraka preaches against leaving the city.